Friday, March 22, 2013

Craft Room Photos


*** Warning photo heavy post***


Hi all,

I have finally got my act together and taken a bunch of photos of my craft room.

Back story ... we bought this house in June last year. The house is 20 years old and the previous owners did a reno in 2005. A part of the reno was to close the carport in to make it a games room and build an enclosed garage adjoining. So this room was a games room and they had a pool table in here. We are not really pool players so I convinced my hubby it would be an awesome craft/storage room. I used to have one of the bedrooms in my old house filled with IKEA furniture as a craft room. You can see it hereYes, I've got a lot of craft "stuff" .... don't we all ... but it has taken me 12 years to collect it all, so I don't feel (completely) guilty.

I had seen quite a few craft rooms on the internet made from kitchen cupboards, so that was what I had my heart set on. I got a few quotes and designs from kitchen places, Bunnings, IKEA and Masters. The kitchen places were out of my price range since we ended up having to get the concrete floor in the room levelled. So, we decided on Masters.

We ripped up the carpet and put down wood-look lino strips. Put the cupboards together ourselves and then the stone guys came in and put on the bench top. I have spent the past few months finding storage options and rearranging everything at least twice.



So here are the photos....




Storage for some craft stuff, plus Christmas, DVDs, Cds, games etc.


Paper
Cupboard with all my scrap books, Cricut booklets and assorted crap stuff 
Cupboards under bench




On the right are my Cricut, Cricut Imagine and Silhouette Cameo
with their "Kathie's Cozies" covers


Work space

Double bin


Cricut and Silhouette mat storage

Corner cupboard - found these containers in The reject shop $4 each ... and you can see from the following pictures I bought a few! :)

Drawer dividers from Masters



Ooops, too many cutting implements and scor-pals

The other corner

Drawer dividers again from Masters




Paper punch addiction

Stamp addiction



Big Shot and Cuttlebug 


Overhead cupboards ... I did have them filled with my Cricut cartridges,
but I decided to  put all my carts in a couple of boxes and free up some
space ... hmmm, now what to fill the shelves with?
From this....

Then thanks to ScrapCessories containers ...


To this ....

 Still with me?

Well, that's the tour. Hope you enjoyed it. 

Have a great weekend,

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW - did I say WOW!!! Thanks for showing, your room is fabulous - so bright and airy and tons of crafting work space. Love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karon, thank you! Yes, it is an awesome room... it is so lovely to create here. Lisa xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness this area is fabulous. What I would give to have a quarter of this space. We downsized house due to my disability and so I don't have a craft room anymore, I have to share my now room with the laundry lol.
    I bet by the end of the year you have filled all the available space lol, isn't that what we always do.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thank you! Yes, in dribs and drabs I am already filling the spaces - yikes! Bummer on having to share your room with the laundry. Your work is wonderful - proving you don't need masses of space, just creativity. Lisa xoxo

      Delete