Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Been gone a while



Hi all,


Warning -- long post...


Well, I've been missing for a while, huh! Lots and lots of things have been happening in my real life so the poor old blog has had to take a back seat.


I did get a few crafty things done before I went off line.


I finished a wedding:


Seven "thank you" explosion boxes for the attendants.


Cute little jewellery box inside, necklace and earrings, lovely gift. 


Bonbonierre boxes, butterflies, explosion boxes and acetate place cards.


... and when my Dad got sick I managed to make and send him this card...


I tried the patchwork quilt look on this one and was very happy how  it turned out.


So to the big life changing stuff ---- we got crazy and put an offer in on a house in our dream location, so then we had to sell our house. I spent a lot of time keeping our house ready for inspection, as you do, so no craft for a while.


We successfully sold, but then the paperwork side took a while forever. Hubby and I got bored waiting so we did this to my craft room ....


Empty, empty, empty!

More empty-ness!
Hubby was supposed to be home for the move, but of course it took so long he was away for work when it all happened. This has been the story of my life -- when we were both in the Navy and moved interstate seven times in seven years somehow hubby was always at sea and I had to do the move alone -- how rude I say! This move was just the usual circus. The owners of our new place were painful and made us move on a Saturday (add $350), then the removalist miscalculated on the size of the truck needed so we had to go back for a second load. Thank goodness we only moved 30 minutes away! THEN ... 24 hours after the move we had a big storm and power went out for two days. I had only just found and set up my coffee machine when we lost power so it was tragic!


Good news, though ... we have a "games" room in the new house which is going to be my new craft room. I am going to set it up all flash-dandy with kitchen cupboards and a big island bench etc... But of course these sorts of things take time so at the moment I have craft stuff spread over two spare bedrooms.


Now you know how I loved my old backyard, and I swore I was never moving again





Well .... our new place is somewhere we thought we'd have to save up and wait until we retired here, but with house values stable in the old place and going way down in the new place we could actually afford it -- and got the boat with the house...


Our "backyard" -- the water views we've always wanted!
We are a little bit surrounded by the retired, so not a lot of kids in the neighbourhood, but how can you beat fishing before school as an experience as you grow up ....


All fish caught are returned to the water alive.
Then, I got crazy and had a joint birthday party for my daughter and her friend in our new house just after the move. It was a pirate and mermaid theme. I had the imagine and expression machine both going full bore the night before the party to get it all done. Of course there were so many other things I had planned to do for the party but ran out of time ... The kids had a blast so what I did not get done does not matter!


Pirate ship made from a cardboard box.
Hubby made it -- awesome job and the kids loved it.

Treasure chest thank you lolly boxes.

Our attempt at the underwater look 

After!



So, we are now mostly settled into the new place and Miss J has started her new school, so it's time for me to get back to my hobby .... YAY!!!


Hope to post again soon with some new craft.


Lisa



1 comment:

  1. WOW - you have been busy. Love all these projects you have done. The wedding stuff is awesome. Love the location of you new house - superb. Thanks for sharing a bit of your life.

    ReplyDelete