Friday, January 04, 2013

Masculine Birthday card


Hi all,

It was lovely and cool here today. Apparently the heatwave from Christmas to New Years was the "fiercest heatwave in nearly 80 years" ... thank goodness for refrigerated air-conditioning! I only mention it because every time they say it has been the hottest/coldest/wettest/driest since whenever I laugh since the "whenever" part is usually "since 2007". To me "since 2007" really kind of loses the drama impact they were going for  ... "in nearly 80 years" however, now that statement has some meat on it!

It was such nice weather today I drove to town with Miss Six and went Christmas decoration shopping. Myers, where I normally buy my decos had 75% off. Yay! Not a lot of stock left, but enough baubles in the right colours to add a little more depth to the tree next year. I ended up with this huge bag full of stuff (not heavy, just huge) then had to lug it around for the next couple of hours. We also bought school shoes for Miss Six, so that's out of the way for the new year of school. First grade! My baby is growing up. We had lunch in a food hall and I ordered something I'd never seen before -- Chicken Goz -- Yummo. I had to google it after. Turkish food. I'll definitely be having it again.

Anyway, I recently made a card for my brother-in-law. So, so hard to make guy cards, I just never know what to put on them if the guy is not obsessed with sport or cars or some such.


Alan's favourite sporting team's colours are blue and yellow, so that was my colour inspiration, and I've been looking to use this stamp set for ages. All items used are from Stampin' Up! Very, very simple. Looking at it now I wish I'd used some patterned paper. Oh well, live and learn.

One thing I am very excited about is the scrapbooking class I have attended throughout 2012. We went once a month and were given a two page layout to do for the previous month. The hope being that we would have a whole album of 2012 by the time we finished. The final class is next week and I am very pleased to say that Jan to Nov is (nearly) done. Layouts are finished, photos have been stuck in, I just have to do the journalling for Mar to Nov. I am sooo bad at journalling. Well, probably not completely horrid, but it is one of my big procrastination points. But still, this is a huge accomplishment for me. It has been a couple of years since I've done any real scrapbooking so I am quite chuffed with myself.

Have a lovely weekend,

Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment